When you see a few week-old infant swim proficiently without any support. Don’t be too surprised as it is entirely possible. Getting him/her into the water even can make him/her exciting and opening his/her eyes. In the nature, there is no creature that puts the newborns face up right when they’re born in few hours like human does. The mother just lets her newborn to freely and actively move to stimulate the natural instinct of the particular species. Only human do on the contrary as newborn is carefully swaddled and put facing up. This is the same as a capsized turtle is put face down and sleep on back. Your newborn if put to face up, newborn want to reach up your hand’s repeatedly without fulcrum, but cannot move, rotate or flip the switch to change position like he/she’s in the mother’s womb.
Therefore, stimulation of early mobility for infants like swimming or doing exercise from hand reflex and putting the baby on back to step by step train them to swim is not only helps develop infants’ physical, increase resistance but also helps connect brain cells and the ability to process information in the future development. Infants are inherited the swimming instinct since they are still in the mother’s womb. Thus, what you can do is to maintain, and awake this wonderful ability of your infants. Baby’s mental and physical may not developed maturely but they possesses two outstanding abilities inherited from the species. Therefore, after 2 months of swimming training, you can see your baby swim very well with open mouth and eyes without any scare.
Swimming teaching procedure
- Rinse or pour warm water into your above ground swimming pool.
- Gently apply a massage as a boot exercise before swimming
- You should give your baby down slowly and gently for the first time trial. When your baby meets warm water (a similar environment like in mother’s womb), he/she’s got the feeling of coming back to familiar environment and quickly integrate.
- You should not fall into the water too long initially, just about 3-4 minutes . Then you can increase to 10 – 15 minutes after 2 swimming training weeks and repeat once a day.
- Above ground swimming pool with the minimum height of over 70cm or if there is a bathtub in your family, utilize it but pour less water. The size of your bathtub should be large enough for your baby to move comfortably. If using above ground swimming pool, choose the most suitable one as the low height can cause your baby’s feet bottom up while playing with buoy.
- Prepare an infant neck float that is suitable for your baby’s age and test before use. This float supports your baby’s chin without tightening his/her neck and it often comes with adjusted settings for easy adjustment.
Some popular types of above ground pools in the market
There are some popular types of above ground pool with the medium height of about 70cm and you can find easily every where in the market. After inflated, your on-ground swimming pool reaches 140 x 110 x 70cm (height, width and depth), large enough for your baby to freely swim. You should select the best above ground pool that fit your need with good and durable quality of float to bring the most relaxed feeling for your baby in the summer without being faded in a long time. Particularly, the swimming pool is designed with 2 flush valves which connect to your family’s plumb. Very easy to dismantle after use.
5 floors above ground swimming pool
This on-ground swimming pool features the picture of ocean after being inflated. The size after inflating may reach 1m in diameter and 0.8m in height. The above ground swimming pool consists of 5 separate floors, making it easy for you to freely adjust the height of swimming pool. Each single pumping valves which is suitable for all kinds of pumps. Soft inflatable bottom pools bring much comfort to your baby. Smarter choice for your family with large gardening is adopting immediately an above ground swimming pool for the whole family, your little one and adults in a hot summer to relax.